As Storm Harvey continues to paralyze the Houston region, here are ways we can help:
Here are some places to donate that will help the residents of Texas hit hard by Harvey:
- The Mayor of Houston has set up a recovery fund for victims of Hurricane Harvey. You can donate to that fund here.
- The donate online here, via text by sending “STORM” to 51555, by phone by calling 1-800-SAL-ARMY, or by mailing a check to the following address: The Salvation Army 3100 North Meridian Street, Indianapolis, IN 46208. They ask that you designate “Hurricane Harvey” on all checks.
- The click here. in Indianapolis is sending relief boxes to Texas. The boxes contain enough food and supplies for a family for roughly a week. To donate, send checks to Midwest Food Bank, 6450 S. Belmont Ave, Indianapolis, Indiana 46217. If you want to donate,
- The donate money online or text 90999 to donate $10. If you want to volunteer, click here. is opening shelters, sending supplies and putting volunteers in place around Texas. You can
- donate online here. , a non-profit, is also accepting donations. You can
- here. is working with shelters in the path of the storm to transport as many pets from danger as possible. They have a list of needs, and also a form make a monetary donation,
- Donate to them here. is the state’s network of food banks.
- The donate here. is sending out relief kits for babies, young kids, the elderly and disabled. You can