Football season has begun!!! Here is a recipe that is sure to please at your next tailgating party:
- Makes: 15 servings
- Prep 30 mins
- Bake 15 mins to 20 mins
- Cool 10 mins
- 2 cups packaged biscuit mix
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 15 milk chocolate football candies, unwrapped
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- In a large bowl stir together biscuit mix and the 1/2 cup coconut. Add milk all at once. Using a fork, stir just until moistened and forms a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a surface lightly floured with biscuit mix. Knead dough by folding and gently pressing dough for 10 strokes or just until dough holds together. Pat or roll dough to a 15×9-inch rectangle.
- Cut into 15 (3×3-inch) squares. In a small bowl, combine the 3/4 cup coconut and sweetened condensed milk. Spoon 1 rounded teaspoonful of coconut mixture onto center of each square; top with chocolate football. Fold dough in half to form a triangle. Place triangles on a large baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray. Press edges together with a fork to seal. Brush turnovers with melted butter.
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, place chocolate pieces and shortening in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on 50 percent power (medium) for 1 to 2 minutes or until chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Cool slightly. Transfer chocolate to a resealable plastic bag. Cut off tip of one corner of bag. Drizzle melted chocolate over turnovers. Makes 15 turnovers.
- If you cant find chocolate football candies, sprinkle chocolate pieces atop the coconut mixture in place of the football candy.
Source: Midwest Living.com